Liebster is a word with a German origin meaning lovely, dearest, nicest, pleasant, welcome, it is all the good things defined.
This award was started in 2011, exists on the internet and it is given to bloggers by bloggers. How wonderful is that? It offers you the opportunity to be discovered, connect and support the blogging community.
The lucky winner will be awarded on 31st December, 2017. I wish everyone all the best as they participate and I hope it is you or You!
I would like to thank senayu360blog.wordpress.com for nominating me. I honestly had no idea this award exists. I’m eternally grateful.
My Nominees for the award (In no particular order):
2. Nelson Young
5. Kenyan Miss
8. Marion Njeri
Your Questions from me are:
1. How did you stumble into universe of blogosphere?
2. How long was it been since you started your blog? Does it fulfill you?
3. Which blog post took you the longest to write?
4. What is the difficulty you face while writing?
5. Who is your favourite blogger? Why?
6. What do you do when you are not blogging?
7. Which guilty pleasure do you often engage in?
8. Who/what is your inspiration as you blog?
9. Do you believe blogging is what you were meant to do? Why?
10. What other talents or passions do you possess?
11. Which is your favourite blog post by you? Why?
Rules of The Liebster Award:
- Create a new blog with the graphic of the award thanking the person that nominated you, link to their blog.
- Create a set of questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and share your blog post with them so they can accept their awards.
African and Proud’s Set of Questions for me:
1. What inspires you to write?
2. What is your greatest fear as a blogger?
3. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now in the blogosphere community?
4. Have you ever had to choose between blogging any other profession, if yes, what was your choice and how did you feel after the decision?
5. How supportive are friends and family to you in this path you have chosen?
1. I draw inspiration from my day to day experiences. I want to be able to tell stories from my surroundings, what is happening within and without me.
2. I fear that one day people might find watching an alternative to reading and completely ignore the art that goes into writing.
3. Developing better content in every context. I want to be able to use everything within my reach to better myself in what I produce.
4. I wouldn’t really say I’ve had to choose between blogging any any other profession, what I would say is I prioritise it over my other interests. I’m an anxious person and would not manage to do a single other thing if I am not done with my writing. I cancel all other plans or postpone them until my post is up. That is how seriously I take it.
5. My friends are very supportive, they read, recommend, correct my mistakes, encourage me to do better. I am not sure what I would do without them (in the writing sphere that is).
My family on the other hand, ahem (clears throat).. I am not sure what to say, I DON’T share my posts with them anymore. Reason? We were in the car one day and an aunt asked to see the articles I always claimed I was writing. I proudly passed on my phone after opening the application. She sifted through the posts until she came unto one. What Is Your Sexual Orientation? was the title. I saw her eyes go wide in that disapproving, shocked kinda way. She didn’t say a word but from her reaction that day, I realized there was no way I would let them see what I was writing. In her mind she had already formed a negative impression yet she had only seen the title and the featured image. That was the endpoint, I haven’t been giving them access to my work since.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love cake.
2. I am into light skin dudes😂
3. I love a guy who works out🙌
4. I am a bitter person deep down, I have a dark heart. Very dark.
5. I’m a zebra (My skin complexion alternates in very interesting colours😄)
6. I am afraid of learning how to drive cars(I can’t even ride a bicycle..)
7. I’m Bi (Recently had a very sexual dream😎)
8. I have a selfish tendency😝
9. I’m a revenge kind of human, I hold grudges. Forgiveness very hard to come by..
10. I can’t sing but croak.
11. A particular person got a lap dance from me once. It was my first and it was litttttt🙈